Friday, January 1, 2010

2K10

When did this happen? New year, new decade and a new way of writing the year. It also occurs to me that I have not written here for over three months. It seems absolutely crazy and preposterous that it has been that long and I haven't written in this blog. So. Time for my yoga-inspired New Year's Resolution: I am an up-to-date blogger.

The yoga inspiration came from a class I took last week where the teacher talked about the pitfalls of New Year's Resolutions: they always hint at a deficiency we have. For example, "I will eat better" = "I don't eat well enough" and "I will lose weight = I'm fat". So in class, she had us meditate on a more affirming Resolution-of-sorts: "I am healthy and strong". Then in my next yoga class (on New Year's Day), the teacher had us meditate on a similar mantra: "I am yoga". Both of these mantras focus on what we are and are rooted in the present. They somewhat hint at the past, but mostly they just speak to who we are and what we are in the here and now.

Thus, my New Year's Resolution is: "I am an up-to-date blogger." Another one is, "I am riding a century." And, of course, "I am yoga."

There it is folks. 2K10 is upon us and there are my resolutions.

Happy New Year!

No comments: