Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Firsts of the Season

This morning I was able to harvest the first tomatoes and zucchini of the season and am now enjoying a yummy tomato-zucchini-egg omelet. The hot, dry weather is perfect for tomatoes and I can tell I will have way too many to know what to do with. However, it's not so good for the Spinach and Broccoli, whose leaves were completely brown and dry. Although they have been dead for almost two weeks now, I couldn't bring myself to pull them out of the ground until this morning. I planted some butternut squash in their place and hopefully those turn out a little bit better.


The round tomatoes are a Moskovich Heirloom variety from Russia and the smaller ones are grape tomotoes. Both are delicious!

1 comment:

deborah said...

I know I haven't blogged in a long time, but YOU are DEFINITELY overdue. Miss you.